The team plan on building awareness of sustainability issues, making positive changes within the Club and contributing to the wider University community.
Current projects to reduce the University House footprint include:
- Composting kitchen waste
- Sourcing sustainable coffee and tea
- Working towards having 100% recycled paper throughout the Club (including in the office, cafe and in bathrooms)
- Promoting awareness across the Club to encourage environmentally friendly practices
Projects already implemented:
- 100% recycled paper in the office.
- Commencement of the herb garden revamp.
- Composting of kitchen food scraps.
- Replanting the Celadon Room Garden.
- Green Team Initiatives implemented as part of the quest for Silver Accreditation .
- The purge of the plastic straw
- The Book Swap at Lionel’s Café
- The Free Fruit Friday
The UH Green Team are always chasing new ideas and welcome any suggestions. Please send your ideas to email@example.com.