The University Club provides members with places on campus to relax and socialise, and to meet fellow staff, postgraduates and alumni from a diverse range of faculties and disciplines. In becoming a member you will join a vibrant social and academic community and gain access to member exclusive dining areas. The Club also hosts many members only events.
Membership will give you access to the University House Professors’ Walk on the main campus and University House at the Woodward (UH@W) located on the top floor of the Law Building in Pelham Street Carlton.
It is a condition of our Licence that Visitors be signed-in to the Visitor’s Books at the entrance to our venues. Members are welcome to sign-in any number of Visitors. Please note that Visitors eligible for University Club Membership can be signed-in to the Club a maximum of four times per annum.
Did you know?
- All memberships can be paid yearly via invoice or in-person.
- Full Ordinary Members are eligible for pay dues via salary deduction or monthly direct debit.
- Associated Members are eligible to pay dues via monthly direct debit.
New Members of Staff
The Club offers Membership to new University of Melbourne staff with subscription waived for 12 months.
The Club offers current PhD candidates Membership for the duration of your studies (up to 4 years) with subscription fee waived.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Member, you will enjoy:
- Access to all facilities
- A la carte dining (Lunch and Dinner at Professors’ Walk)
- Lunchtime café and bar.
- 12 coffees for free when you sign up for a full ordinary membership only
- Café and fully licensed bar at great prices with happy hours
- Subsidised meals and coffee with member discounts
- Access to function and private dining rooms – discount for members available
- Comfortable lounge areas and beautiful private gardens
- Full Members receive Member pricing in the Café at Professors’ Walk and Woodward
- Exclusive club member functions
- From $3 discount on main meals in the Café at Professors’ Walk and Woodward
- Private member dining
- Reserved cellared wines and award-winning wine list with free delivery, (within 10km radius)
- House Functions
- Quiz nights, book clubs, wine tastings, recital dinners and more…
- Weekly newsletters
- Birthday voucher
Clubs and ongoing activities
Within the Club, there are many ongoing activities we run throughout the year such as monthly quiz night and sub-clubs you can join to get involved and meet new people:
- Book Club
- Wine Club
- Club Choir
- Poetry Club
- Quiz Night
- Sing Club
Types of Membership
- Member of staff
- Full-time PhD Higher Degree by Research candidates
- Member of University Council
- New Staff Members
- Retired Staff
- Other Associated University Persons
- Associate members have limited voting rights
- The Club is currently offering a one month trial membership to University of Melbourne staff, at no charge. In addition to the access to our Clubs, you will be able to enjoy discounted take-away wines and main courses, as well as access to our special member functions.
- On recommendation by a Full Member, University House offers at no charge full honorary membership for 28 days to academics and staff on official visits to The University of Melbourne